Subject : A question in computer law.
Dear Madames/ Sirs.
On July 15, 2020, I tried to withdraw money from the site systemegavideon.club-a website that offers payment for watching videos in which I was a subscriber of $2,166.7 to which I was entitled on their terms.
However, when I tried to withdraw the money, it was not possible – and I realized that I had been the victim of fraud, and since then I have tried to find out if, or how users who fall victim to such scams can receive a refund or compensation.
After a long, exhausting and excruciating process of inquiry, I arrived a few days ago (I write these words on Sunday, May 22, 2022) to an employee of the organization
“Internet crime complaint center” which is now trying to assist me in this matter. I will note that this person entrusted me with a sum of 10 units of the digital currency Ethereum that is currently stored in my name on the site atomicwallet.io-amount which is of course much higher than the amount I was entitled to from the site egavideon.club-and I don’t have an explanation as to where the difference came from.
I will note that according to the claim of the man who presents himself as Jose Marika and as a cyber investigator of an organization
called “internet crime complaint center” egavideon.club site is a part of the activities of a criminal gang engaged in cybercrime operating from Switzerland (I will note that I have no possibility of checking the credibility of this information). Nor do I know what this criminal group is called or what areas of crime it is “engaged in”.
In any case, I will make it clear that until the last few days I did not even know that this was a gang of cybercriminals and as an innocent, law-abiding citizen I have no interest in getting involved with them.
In any case, I would like to know how I should behave or do or what needs to be done (or not done) in the situation created here.
I am looking for a qualified entity in the State of Israel from which I can receive instructions regarding this (for example, one of the questions that arises here is whether I am entitled to withdraw the money from there – and at least at this stage I stop the clarification in this matter until I know if it is permitted or prohibited by law in the State of Israel).
115 Costa Rica Street,
Entrance A-Apartment 4,
Qiriat menahem neighborhood,
ISRAEL, ZIP Code: 9662592.
my phone numbers: at home-972-2-6427757. Mobile-972-58-6784040. Fax-972-77-2700076.
P.S. 1) My ID number: 029547403.
2) Link to the correspondence I have conducted in recent days with the man who presented himself as an employee of
:”internet crime complaint center”
And on behalf of Jose Marika (I don’t know if that’s indeed his real name) on the social network whatsapp:
3) A link to the Facebook profile of a user Chaty Midala-from which I received the recommendation to contact Jose Marika: https://www.facebook.com/groups/362842189046933/user/100008277241291
4) A link to the Facebook group I opened about two months ago, to which everyone affected by the site’s fraud egavideon.club is invited:
5) My email addresses: [email protected] or: [email protected] or: [email protected]Or: [email protected] Or: [email protected] or: [email protected] Or: [email protected] Or: [email protected] Or: [email protected]
6)A Link to the organization’s Facebook page
“internet crime complaint center”:
7) My website: https://disability5.com/
8)my first language is Hebrew(עברית).